• Founded by Mr. Ma, Chi Kong Karl (The 3rd generation representative of the Ma Man Kei Family in Macao) in 2014. Pine Peak Capital Group is a PE company that focuses on long term investment and buyout opportunities arising digital transformation.
• PPCG has been working closely with corporate operators partner and sovereign LPs, achieved an outstanding track record in active shares investments. This experience allows PPCG to develop significant knowledge of how technologies transform the economy.
• PPCG embraces the strategy of "Integrating Technology with Finance; Connecting China with the World“ and has built extensive working relationships with China’s state-owned-enterprises (“SOEs”) and large technology companies.
• In 2019, the PPCG established a US$1 billion PE fund that invests as substantial shareholders in growth technology companies. This represents an important milestone in PPCG active fund management doctrine.
• As a result, sovereign LPs are discussing cooperative agreements with PPCG to establish new China and regional focused PE funds that are strategically important to the economic development of both sides. Supported by favorable demand from institutional investors, the Group is going to launch two sector focused buyout funds in 2021.
Mr. Tsang holds a Master Degree in Commerce (with Professional Accounting and Finance) and a Bachelor Degree in Science (with Information Systems) from the University of New South Wales in Australia. Mr. Tsang is also a fellow member of CPA Australia.
Mr. Tsang has wealth of experience in private equity and corporate finance. Throughout his career, he has held various positions at SW7 Capital, Calibration Partners Limited, Barclays Capital Asia Limited, The Securities and Futures Commission of Hong Kong, Peregrine Brokerage Limited and Credit Lyonnais Securities Asia Limited (CLSA). He is the co-founder and principal of SW7 Capital, which is an Asia focused private equity platform with deep and significant access to bespoke deal flow across Asia, including many low profile family-orientated business. He is also the co-founder and partner of Calibration Partners Limited. Calibration Partners Limited provides independent, strategic and focused advice in mergers and acquisitions, capital raisings, structured debt, restructurings and bespoke direct investment opportunities.
Mr. Tsang has been appointed as a Director of PPCG since 1 May 2016.
Mr. Lo graduated from the University of California, Berkeley’s Hass business school with a Bachelor Degree in Business Administration and he is a Chartered Financial Analyst.
Mr. Lo has been working in the financial industry for more than twenty-seven years with substantial senior management and investment related experience. From 2014 to 2018, Mr. Lo was the Partner of Mu Investment Management (Asia) Limited, an Asian equity hedge fund. Prior to this, Mr. Lo was the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Redwood Investment Management (Asia) Limited, where the firm specialized in alternative investments. Mr. Lo has also held various investment position with leading financial institutions in his early career, including Managing Director of the special situation group at Merrill Lynch and Portfolio Manager at Fidelity Investment Management Asia Limited.
Mr. Lo has been appointed as a Director of PPCG since 18 December 2018.
Mr. Ma graduated from the University of Michigan with a Bachelor degree in Business Administration, and from the London Business School of the University of London with a Master degree in Finance. He holds the professional qualification of the Chartered Financial Analyst and is also a member of the Hong Kong Society of Financial Analysts.
Mr. Ma has over 25 years of experience in finance and investment. He held senior positions at various international investment banks responsible for product structuring, financing and fund management before he started his own private equity business. Mr. Ma has extensive governmental and social contacts throughout Asia in particular in China, Macao and Hong Kong.
Mr. Ma is the Co-chairman of the board of directors of China Private Ventures Limited, a director of Tus-Holdings Co., Ltd., the Chairman of Pine Peak Capital Group, a director of Luso International Banking Ltd., and a member of Beijing Committee of The Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference.
Mr. Ma has been appointed as the Chairman & CEO of PPCG since 7 August 2013.
Pine Star Asset Management Limited (“PSAM”) is a private equity investment manager specializing in AI, Big Data, Connectivity and IoT. With huge support from Mr. Ma Chi Kong and his business network, PSAM is able to gain access to leading industry players and proprietary deal flows. Based in Hong Kong, PSAM invests internationally across the globe and domestically within China.
The professional team of PSAM has industry exposure gained within China and across Asia, with an average of 20 years experience in private equity investment and asset management.
• We have a global Focus blended with China growth story
PPCG has established innovative investment partnerships that allow sovereign funds to invest with sophisticated China operator companies to improves management effectiveness and return.
• We are experienced in technology companies buyout situations
Our team members come from senior positions of technology companies, they know how to empower the business of portfolio companies as the representatives of the fund.
• We are advocates of Fund – Operator partnership model
We have created many effective holding structures that allows us to deliver strategic goal and return requirements of our LPs with local operator partners.
• We facilitates cross-border activities and export of China business models and technologies
We provide value added service to sovereign investors and also to our Chinese technology partners in a professional manner, helping them to invest into China market and to create digital platforms with impacts in local markets.
PSAM is licensed by the Securities and Futures Commission of Hong Kong for Type 4 (Advising on Securities) and Type 9 (Asset Management) regulated activities.
Pine Peak Corporate Finance Limited is licensed by the Securities and Futures Commission of Hong Kong to conduct Type 1 (dealing in securities) and Type 6 (advising on corporate finance) regulated activities.
Our lines of services include:
Private Equity Fundraising
Mergers and Acquisitions Advisory
Hong Kong IPO Underwriting
Bond/Convertible Bond Issuance
Other Financial Advisory Services
Explore corporate finance needs in Hong Kong and the Mainland China by utilizing the extensive global expertise and China know-how of the management team as well as the support from PPCG’s shareholders.
Kelton Lo | Managing Director
Over 15 years of finance and investment banking experience
City University of Hong Kong (Bachelor of Business Administration in Accountancy and Law)
Member of HKICPA
Type 6 Responsible Officer and Sponsor Principal
We invite high calibre candidates to apply for the following position(s). Interested parties please email your full resume to email@example.com.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.
Director – Corporate Finance
Pine Peak Capital Group (Hong Kong) Limited
15/F, Shanghai Commercial Bank Tower, 10-12 Queen’s Road Central, Central, Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 2598 9891
Fax: (852) 2598 9779